Easts FC, originally formed in 1922, is one of the oldest and most established Clubs in Queensland.
In 2022 Eastern Suburbs FC (Easts FC) celebrates its Centenary year as a football Club in Brisbane.
Situated at Heath Park, Easts FC is the most centrally located of all Women’s and Men’s National Premier League (NPL) Clubs in Brisbane. It is also the most centrally located SAP Licence holder to the Brisbane CBD (approximately 5 kms).
In 1969 the Easts-Aston Villa Club, a successful 2nd Division Club consisting mainly of young players amalgamated with the 1st Division Merton Rovers to become Merton East Football Club.
The Club as it is currently named came into being in September 1980 and was incorporated in the same year. This was only a change of name to identify the Club with a specific region of Brisbane and to promote sponsorship and support for our entry into the State League competition which was the highest league based in Queensland at that time.
Easts FC has a long and distinguished history of developing men and women footballers of the highest standard dating back more than 30 years ago.
Former male players who have gone on to play at Senior National level include:
- Mal Wild
- D. “Busby” Love
- Alex Duncan
- Kerry Millman
Former male players who are current or previous Brisbane Roar squad members:
- Matt McKay
- Shane Stefanuto
- James Meyer
Former female national players recently recognised in the 1979 – 1989 FFA team of the decade:
- Joanne Millman (FF Hall of Fame)
- Leanne Priestly
- Sue Monteath
- Sonia Gegenhuber (1989 – 1999 team of the decade)
Recent female players who have played national W league competition:
- Rosie Sutton – Perth Glory
- Lorena Maggio – Adelaide United
- Jessica Dillon – Perth Glory
- Tegan Riding – Canberra United
- Jenna McCormick – Canberra United
- Allira Toby – Brisbane Roar
Distinguished Old Boys of the club include:
- Mr Bill Hayden, former Governor General of Australia
- Mr Ross Melville, former Chairmen of the Brisbane Strikers, OAM – awarded 2015 for services to Youth and Community
Eastern Suburbs Soccer Club Limited (ACN 010 173 878) is a company limited by guarantee. Its trading name is Eastern Suburbs Football Club.