Winter season – April to September.
Teams are comprised of boys, girls or mixed and are formed through social and school friendship groups with the exception of graded teams (U8 –U12 Kangaroos) which are selected at trials held at the end of the season in October /November.
Trials for these teams have been concluded however late trial requests may be submitted to the Junior Director of Coaching, Alex Simmons via email
email@example.com prior to the start of fixtures.
TRAINING: Non-graded teams will attend one session per week. Graded teams will attend two training sessions per week. Training will be held at home grounds, Heath Park.
COACHING: Volunteer coaches are usually parents or players and will be provided with the resources to support the team, including opportunities to gain relevant coaching qualifications. These courses will be organized through the Junior Director of coaching who will oversee the coaching programs.
Graded teams (Kangaroos) have qualified coaches.
MANAGERS: A volunteer parent from each team is required for the role of team manager. Managers are fully briefed and supported by the Club.
The manager’s role is to
- communicate games and training sessions and locations
- Assist the team coach in managing game day activities.
UNIFORM: All players are expected to wear the club’s full kit (orange shirt, plain black shorts and black socks) shin pads and moulded football boots. The club training or playing shirt is included in the registration fee. Shin pads are compulsory at training and games. Players are not permitted to play if they do not have shin pads. No jewellery is permitted. Any jewellery must be removed before training and games.
PLAYERS MUST REGISTER IN PLAY FOOTBALL PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF TRAINING. PLAYERS NOT REGISTERED WITH EASTERN SUBURBS FC CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN TRAINING OR GAMES.
MINIROOS: U6 & U7
- U6 players born 2017 /2018
- U7 players born 2016
- Players turning 5 in 2023 are eligible to register for the Miniroos. The club will endeavour to accommodate requests to play with friend’s dependent on team numbers. U6 & U7 Competition is an in-house competition played at Eastern Suburbs Football Club.
- These teams train once a week on Tuesdays from 4.15pm – 5.15pm at Heath Park.
- Training will commence on Tuesday 28th February 2023.
- All players must wear football boots and shin pads and bring a water bottle.
- Insect repellant is essential for training nights and should be reapplied as required.
- Parents must attend training with their children to observe and assist the coach to manage player behavior.
- Parents must stay outside the field of play during training and games.
- Games will start after the April school holidays and will be played on Saturday mornings at Eastern Suburbs Football Club.
- Games consist of 2 x 20minute halves and play 4v4 with 2 interchange players.
- Sunscreen is essential for games and should be reapplied as frequently as necessary.
MINIROOS: U8 –U12 (non-graded)
- Players in under 9 to u12 not wishing to play at Kangaroo level will be placed into teams which best reflect their technical ability (Wallabies or Quokkas) depending on number of players registered.
- The teams will train one night per week at Heath Park and play on Saturdays on a home and away basis at various clubs within the local hub.
- Parents are encouraged to participate as coaches or assistant coaches and will be provided with the resources required to support their team, including opportunities to complete relevant coaching certificates. The Junior Director of Coaching will oversee the coaching program.
- Managers also come from volunteer parent base.
- Players must wear shin pads to training and games and bring a water bottle.
- Players in these age groups are encouraged to participate in Easts+ sessions during the season to improve their ability. Details can be located on our website. These sessions are not included in the registration fees.
- Training commences on Wednesday 1st March at Heath Park
- Wednesdays 4.30pm – 5.30pm
KANGAROOS: Under 8 – U12, start Monday 6 March
- The program is aimed at providing ambitious players who are not selected for the FQ Academy teams to be given an opportunity to be coached by qualified coaches and play at a higher level. It is a modified version of the Academy program delivered under the guidance of the Junior Director of Coaching in order to promote player development in the hope they can transition into elite level if selected at a later date. Players in Kangaroo teams have above-average skills and games are usually played with more speed, skill and tactics.
- Trials are held at the end of each season to select players for these teams.
- Boys and girls can be selected.
- Under 8 is the first stage of the development program which will look at forming the core of the u9 Academy team the next year.
- The selected Kangaroo players will attend two training sessions per week.
- All players are expected to attend training every week unless unwell.
- Additional technique based sessions with the Easts+ program are available and are not included in the fees. Details of Easts+ can be located on our website.
- Players must wear football boots and shin pads to training and bring a water bottle. NO SHINPADS = NO PLAY.
- Insect repellant is essential for training nights.
- Training for Kangaroo teams starts Monday 6 March
Further information contact Junior President Anna Giuffrida 0403 298 144